Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love so much

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love so much
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 23:32:29 +0200

> In terms of benefit for *all* users, this is at least a thousand times
> as important as any work on ehelp.  Maybe a hundred thousand times as
> important.  Improvingd on ehelp can only be only useful for writing
> other fairly obscure packages for advanced users.  Internationalizing
> the messages Emacs outputs would be useful to every potential Emacs
> who does not speak English.

Has anyone started working on this?  I'm having some troubles groking
how it really would work, gettext() is for C but many messages in
Emacs come from elisp code.  gettext.el?

I notice that people have thought about this problem for Guile (e.g.,
http://www.glug.org/patches/2001-07-29.gettext-support/).  Guile
support would be nice..