What happened to the key-menu patch?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: What happened to the key-menu patch?
Date: 08 Jul 2002 00:46:13 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> >     Is there any reason we couldn't make it call out to lisp to do the
> >     formatting?
> >
> > It's ok with me if someone finds it easy to do.
>
> What do you think of the appended patch?  It moves all the formatting
> and prompting for keyboard-menus to lisp (and in the process gets rid
> of the one-line-at-a-time interface, since the lisp code just displays
> the whole menu at once).
>
> -Miles
>

> Patch:

What happened to this patch?

There was some discussion how to accomplish this in a more general way
such as adding dobinding/map-keymap to be able to do more of the
function in Lisp, rather than in C (modifying the C-level code to use
Fmap_keymap as well).

Also, there was some discussion on improving the actual prompting,
but none of the alleged problems made have been bothering me [after all,
those key menus are not used very often].

FWIW, I applied the patch and have been using it since without problems.