Re: crash in display, triggered by calendar

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: crash in display, triggered by calendar
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 10:38:46 -0400

Sam Steingold <address@hidden> writes:

> diary always leaves ~/.diary with the leading newline that it adds, and
> it has always done it.

Right, although it only matters if you later edit and save the
buffer.  It adds the newline without marking the buffer as
modified... though I don't know what it does if the buffer's read
only.  Seems to complain.  That should be fixable.

I can replicate the crash, so I'll see if I can figure out why it's
happening.

> PS. may I suggest that you add some defvars in diary-lib.el to avoid
> compiler warnings?

Hmmm... I'm not sure a good idea in all the cases.  Some of the
variables (diary-entries-list, or entry in sexp forms) never exist at
the top level.  Ed, what do you think?

--
Alan Shutko <address@hidden> - In a variety of flavors!
We sought the truth where it was least obvious.