Re: Redisplay bug

From: Lute Kamstra
Subject: Re: Redisplay bug
Date: 22 Aug 2002 23:21:17 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> > Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > I keep meaning to work on debugging this, but keep being too busy.
> > > I would be really grateful if you would try it.  It surely relates
> > > to one of the places I changed a call to make_cursor_line_fully_visible.
> > > The first question is, which one?
> >
> > Ok, I'll look into this over the next week or so.
>
> I've spent quite some time trying to track this bugger down....
>
> I found a specific part of Richard's change to xdisp.c which seems
> to cause the redisplay problem, so I have reverted that change.
>
> But now the redisplay again has a habit of leaving the cursor on
> partially visible lines at the top or bottom of the window (which
> I believe is what Richard tried to fix).

There seems to be some confusion as to what Richard was trying to
implement with his change to xdisp.c which is causing the redisplay
bug.  It is my understanding that he was trying to implement the
following.

  http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/emacs-devel/2002-June/009864.html

Richard, if I'm mistaken, please correct me.  Sorry for the noise in
that case.

Regards,

  Lute.

--