Re: Redisplay bug

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Redisplay bug
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:04:00 +0300 (IDT)

On 26 Aug 2002, Kim F. Storm wrote:

> >     But now the redisplay again has a habit of leaving the cursor on
> >     partially visible lines at the top or bottom of the window (which
> >     I believe is what Richard tried to fix).
> >
> > Of course.  Reverting that part of the change shows you found the
> > right place, but it is not the right fix.
> >
> > Can you show me which change it was?
>
> Here is the change I made.  Only one line of code with a large comment
> on why I changed this.  Hope it is enough for you to work on.

I think when point enters a partially visible line, redisplay should
behave as if that line were invisible, i.e. scroll the display (by
default, by half the window height) to bring the point's line into the
visible area.  If such a change in behavior is not something that
requires to rewrite large parts of the display code, I'd suggest to make
it so.