Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1

From: Eric Gillespie
Subject: Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 13:34:01 -0500

[assuming this was supposed to go to the list]

>     That isn't really feasible in this case.  There is no standard
>     location where this document would be installed.
>
> That seems like quite a problem.

It is a problem, but only a minor one.

>                                                     Worse, the
>     document we are describing isn't even end-user documentation.
>     Such beast does not yet exist :(.
>
> Are you saying that this particular end-user documentation has not yet
> been written for GTK?

What i am saying is that there is *no* end user documentation
for gtk.  I believe all the raw information is available in the
API docs to which we have been referring in this thread, but no
one has yet made the effort to extract the information relevant
to end users and form it into useful end-user documentation.

That would be a valuable project for someone to take on.  Just
make sure this document is installed on the system so emacs can
refer to it :).

--
Eric Gillespie <*> address@hidden

Build a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett