Re: Procedure for changing the FAQ

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Procedure for changing the FAQ
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:48:38 +0100

"Stefan Monnier" wrote:

[comments]

OK, so it seems to me that you are saying:

Most of the info in any FAQ should be in the manual.

The FAQ should refer to the manual, but also function on its own at
some level.

The FAQ should act as another entry point to the manual.

I would agree with all those points. I'd say a FAQ is for a (slightly)
different audience from a manual, and serves a (slightly) different
purpose, but contains (largely) similar info. Worth having both, IMO.