Re: Procedure for changing the FAQ

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Procedure for changing the FAQ
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:03:01 +0300

> From: Alex Schroeder <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 00:31:22 +0200
>
> Perhaps we need "dedicated" pages in the manual.  Mail
> setup.  Indentation.  Just to name the two most commonly asked
> questions on #emacs.  :)

Mail setup already has its own manual, added recently to the CVS.  As
for indentation, that part of the manual was completely rewritten by
Richard some time ago, with the explicit purpose of making it more
clear, so perhaps you could take a look at it and see what else needs
to be improved there.

> Perhaps the wiki is an interesting collection of loosely organized
> information so that we could pack it into a texinfo file and
> distribute it the same way we used to distribute the manuals in the
> old days...

The wiki is certainly one place where to look for possible additions
to the FAQ, especially if there's a way to know how many times each
issue was hit by netsurfers.