Re: vc-mode permissions problems on NT

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: vc-mode permissions problems on NT
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:04:36 +0200

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 15:25, David Abrahams wrote:

> In vc-cvs-state-heuristic, (file-attributes file) yields:
>
>    (nil 1 5 5 (16223 9039) (15707 62723) (15938 41615) 199 "-r--r--r--" nil
> 17944 (48170 . 6007))
>

> (equal checkout-time lastmod) yields:
>
>        nil

Hmm, I need some other information as well.  In addition to the above,
what is checkout-time for this particular file?  What time does
CVS/Entries contain, in plain text?  What modification time does the
shell report, and does it agree with CVS/Entries, file-attributes, and
checkout-time?  If CVS/Entries and the modification time as reported by
the shell agree, then somewhere an error must be introduced, so that the
above comparison fails.  We need to find out where that happens.

> vc-cvs-state doesn't seem to be getting invoked.

That's ok when you find the file.  It should be invoked when you do
C-x v v, and if you set vc-[cvs-]stay-local to nil, then it should do an
actual "cvs status", and thus get the right state of the file, even if
it guessed wrong in vc-cvs-state-heuristic before.