Re: synchronizing emacs-unicode branch to HEAD

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: synchronizing emacs-unicode branch to HEAD
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:21:34 +0100

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> So, putting this kind of code in your .emacs will make "C-x
> 4 a" work well when you add changelog for this version of
> emacs by using this emacs.

For what it's worth, I did this, having checked out into a directory
`emacs-unicode-2', so it doesn't matter what I do in which version.
However, it seems better to me to have ChangeLog just refer to the
branch, as before.  That way, things like VC and PCL-CVS still work
properly to extract log entries.  Maybe they already have appropriate
hooks or can be changed, but I haven't time to check now.

(add-hook 'find-file-hooks
          (lambda ()
            (if (and (buffer-file-name)
                     (string-match "emacs-unicode-2" (buffer-file-name)))
                (set (make-local-variable 'change-log-default-name)
                     "ChangeLog.22"))))