Re: May I publish a Windows Installer for GNU Emacs?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: May I publish a Windows Installer for GNU Emacs?
Date: 13 Sep 2003 05:02:10 -0400

Frank Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

   I see Peters and your point, however this is a bit tricky to do (the
   licence dialog is a standard dialog in the setup creator, I'd have to
   create a new dialog from scratch or modify the sources of the setup
   creator and recompile it).

if the dialog is standard, why not roll w/ it and slide some gnu into the
users' head?  go meta w/ something like: "this is the ``standard'' dialog,
normally you would have to ``agree'' to FOO (even if you don't really read
it), but now you have GNU (which is a different beast entirely).  if
interested, read on, intrepid human!" followed by the manifesto or whatnot.
throw in some links to fsf, gnu, eff, etc.

thi