Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:33:47 +0000 (UTC)

I wrote:

      I would like to change the colors both of the foreground (the
      `thumb') and the background (the `trough') of the scroll bars.

Luc Teirlinck responded:

   Your question concerned GTK.  Jan answered it.

No, he did not.  I made a great many attempts and failed.  There is a
bug both in the `customize-face' function and a bug in the
documentation.

    We know that we can do it easily for the native scroll bar.

But this is specifically for the GTK scroll bar.  As I said, it is
worth testing these other scroll bars and writing accurate rather
than misleading or wrong documentation for them.  As a tester, please
run a non-default Emacs for a while.  It is useful for everyone.

   Apparently, it [I think you are referring to the native scroll bar,
   not the GTK scroll bar] completely ignores the :foreground
   attribute, only :background matters.

I don't know about this; if so, it is another bug to be fixed,
because, as you say

   ... some people may have trouble seeing the thumb if it has the
   same color as the trough. ....

You go on to say

   I do not know what happens with LessTif/Motif.

Neither do I.  Someone else needs test it.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden