Re: APOP support in movemail

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: APOP support in movemail
Date: 10 Nov 2003 15:18:20 +0900

Karl Eichwalder <address@hidden> writes:
> No, it's simply the "X", "X11", or the  "X Window System"; from the man
> page:

With all due respect, I believe that particular ship left port about 3
centuries ago...

Personally, I try not to use `X Windows' when I can avoid doing so,
because I think it sounds stupid.  However, the particular names
endorsed by the X consortium are often clumsy because they're either too
terse, and so can be confusing (X, X11), or simply unwieldy (`The X
Window System'); `X Windows' has neither of these problems (mostly
because it sounds like that well-known redmond-spawned system, of
course).

-Miles
--
Run away!  Run away!