Re: Showing end of buffer

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Showing end of buffer
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:41:16 -0500

> * Miles Bader <address@hidden> [2004-01-22 16:25:12 -0500]:
>
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 01:11:30PM -0500, Sam Steingold wrote:
>> I know it is too late - the feature has already been implemented,
>> but how is this better than the scrollbar?
>> This whole thing - arrows, EOB/BOB angles - just duplicates the exact
>> same information in the scrollbar (without the benefit of clickability).
>
> (1) It doesn't take up the space the scrollbar does (the fringe is already
>     there).
>
> (2) It's visually much lighter weight that a scrollbar.  The reason I
>     don't like using a scrollbar is because it demands too much attention;
>     these little icons on the other hand seem just about right.
>
> Also perhaps:
>
> (3) It lets you avoid the scrollbar when your particular environment happens
>     to have reallly ugly scrollbars (not uncommon!).

OK, so I was not mistaken and this just duplicates the scrollbar
functionality.
Good.
In that case, is it possible to make the fringe arrows clickable?
(actually, one can just see the left fringe turning into a scrollbar :-)

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Perl: all stupidities of UNIX in one.