Re: Add M-x occur to the menu-bar

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Add M-x occur to the menu-bar
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:35:26 -0500

On 27 Jan 2004, address@hidden wrote:

>> In order to accomplish this, probably M-x compile, M-x occur and
>> M-x grep would have to set some variable like
>> `next-error-follow-command' to 'compile, 'occur or 'grep,
>> respectively, inside those function definitions.
>
> The variable already exists and is called `compilation-last-buffer'.

If you think the code I posted to interface with occur-mode is useful,
I can change it to set compilation-last-buffer to the *Occur* buffer
when occur-mode is called, and then I can rewrite dwim-next as
needed.  It should know that it's going to an occur-mode buffer
though, so just knowing the buffer may not be enough - once we get to
the buffer, the modes may need to be examined.

I also need to change it to take prefix args, so let me know if I
should bother or if this is better as a patch to next-error and
occur.el (so we don't bother with hooks).

Thanks
Ted