Re: Emphasize the character to be typed next in *Completions*

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: Emphasize the character to be typed next in *Completions*
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:36:51 +0900 (JST)

> > > Isn't `case' a CL-ism ?  It shouldn't be used in simple.el ...
> >
> > Why not?  It's a macro, so just add
> >
> >    (eval-when-compile (require 'cl))
>
> I know, but I had the impression that RMS didn't want cl-isms in the
> "core" files...
>
> In any case, I don't see why we cannot just use cond instead of case.

Ok. I will replace case with cond when I can install my patch. Is it
ready to install? (completion-emphasis and completion-emphasis-region
are now customizable.)  To which group completion-emphasis and
completion-emphasis-region members sholud be belonging ?

BTW, I think it is good to provide `customize-face-under-the-next-mouse-click'.
Even if one wants to customize a face, it is not easy to know the name of face
from the display. Is there such function or a function useful to implement such
function in emacs?