Re: next-error-last-buffer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: next-error-last-buffer
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 14:47:36 -0400

    I think that `next-error-last-buffer' should be set buffer-locally
    in the compilation buffer

Isn't next-error in a compilation buffer already supposed to operate
on the current buffer?  If so, this change would be a no-op.
It might be that this is a cleaner way to implement that feature
than the code that currently implements it.

                              as well as in every source file visited
    from that compilation buffer.

That is an interesting idea, but I think it will screw up the
interaction between compilation and occur, which was the whole point
of the recent changes.