Re: next-error-last-buffer

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: next-error-last-buffer
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 02:35:16 +0300

>     I tested this change, and it seems to work correctly with occur,
>     i.e. it allows to continue visiting next occurrences from the same
>     occur buffer where the current source buffer was visited from,
>     even if it is not from the last occur/compile/grep.
>
> If you switch to another source buffer that was last reached
> through C-x ` from a compilation error, then C-x ` will get the
> next compilation error, rather than the next occurrence.
> At least, it sounds like your change would have that result.

Exactly.  This is the most expected behavior, because the user
associates the buffer visited through C-x ` with the compilation
buffer from which it was visited, and will expect that next-error
will show next compilation errors in the same source buffer.

It seems nobody really tried yet to use two or more different
compile/grep/occur processes at the same time.  Otherwise,
it would be apparent that this behavior is the most useful.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/