Re: Feature freeze and Tramp?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Feature freeze and Tramp?
Date: 09 May 2004 16:11:17 -0400

> auto-revert-mode causes the freeze.  This looks like a bug in
> auto-revert-mode.  I will take a look at it and see whether I can fix it.

The problem is likely to be that inhibit-quit is bound to non-nil while
running timers (such as the auto-revert timer).  So you might want to
wrap the auto-revert timer code with `with-local-quit'.

But it would probably be better to use with-local-quit at the place where
it's actually needed: around any potentially indefinitely blocking piece
of code.  In this case it would be within Tramp around one of its calls
to accept-process-output (or around one of the loops that calls
accept-process-output).

        Stefan