Re: Bug tracking (was: new *Help* argument highlighting)

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Bug tracking (was: new *Help* argument highlighting)
Date: 12 Jun 2004 16:52:37 -0500

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
> I agree, but I'm not suggesting that, merely trying to establish some
> minimal standards.  Purely web-based systems are non-starter.

They're not perfect, but they don't have to be a non-starter.  After
all, you're not using *any* bug tracker right now.  So if some Emacs
developers start using a web-based system, and you decide not to,
we're all still better off in absolute terms than we are now, right?

All I'm asking is that, if you're not going to set up an
email-accessible bug tracking system yourself, that you not object if
someone else sets up a purely web-based one.  You don't have to use
it, though I hope you would at least try it.

Many, many people use purely web-based bug trackers, and think that
they are better off than with no bug tracker at all.

-Karl