Re: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:24:21 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:26:43 -0700
> > From: Bill Wohler <address@hidden>
> >
> > Version 7.4.4 addresses programmatic issues from the FSF and prepares
> > MH-E for inclusion into an impending GNU Emacs release (21.4). There
> > are no user-visible changes (unless you are using XEmacs on DOS or
> > don't have the cl package installed). Filenames are now unique in
> > their first 8 characters (DOS 8.3 requirement). The runtime dependency
> > on the cl package has been removed. Desktop saving and restoration
> > code moved here from desktop.el.
>
> Thanks.
>
> It looks like you forgot to either "cvs add" or "cvs ci" the new file
> mh-xemacs.el, because "cvs up" deletes mh-xemacs-*.el, but doesn't
> bring mh-xemacs.el.

No, I did not include it in the GNU Emacs repository because it is not
used by GNU Emacs.

>                      Also, the files MH-E-NEWS and README (mentioned
> by mh-e/ChangeLog) seem to not be in the repository, either.

The README, which explains how to install MH-E from the tarball at
SourceForge, isn't needed by GNU Emacs users who are using the built-in
version of MH-E.

I did these things to minimize user confusion, although it appears it
was at the expense of maintainer confusion ;-).

MH-E-NEWS is in the etc directory.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD