Re: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in
Date: 14 Jul 2004 12:39:22 +0200

Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> writes:

> The ChangeLog entries in the Emacs
> repository summarize the Tramp entries in such a way that, for
> example, changes made and then reverted are not described (since the
> intermediate version never showed up in the Emacs repository).
>
> What do people think about this?

I like the way it's done for Tramp, as you basically get one ChangeLog
entry for one CVS commit.  Also it's logical since tramp resides in
one of emacs' standard lisp directories (lisp/net).

However, if a package (like Gnus or MH-E) has its own subdirectory and
its own ChangeLog file, that is ok too.

But as has been seen for Gnus, it is not easy to know what changes
were made to the emacs repository (and not backported to Gnus
repository), and which changes came from Gnus repository and really
doesn't correspond to any specific CVS commit in emacs repository.

That's the main reason (IIRC) why Gnus in emacs repository hasn't
yet been updated to Oort gnus.