Re: DOC for Mac OS shown for Emacs compiled for X.

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: DOC for Mac OS shown for Emacs compiled for X.
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 23:16:46 +0200

Is the approach in the attached patch OK?  I generate a list with the
objects used to build Emacs and in Snarf-documentation I compare the files
in DOC with that list.  If not in that list, those sections in DOC
are skipped.

I think instead that the docstring should be the same no matter what system I'm running on. If the behavior is not quite the same, either the docstring should be general enough to describe the common part, or it should include
a discussion of the possible differences on various platforms.

This way I can write code on GNU/Linux and be warned if I'm using things
that might work differently on some other system.

That is also possible, and seems to be what the previous discussion indicated. More work though. And it does not solve the error that
doing C-h f x-server-vendor and clicking on the "C source code" link
gives xfns.c when it should give macfns.c. I think a list of what files where used in the link is the only way to solve this. For a build on Mac OSX xfns.c or macfns.c could be used, depending on if it was an X build or Carbon build.

        Jan D.