Re: library-specific customization files?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: library-specific customization files?
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:03:49 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>

: > It could be used for sharing parts of settings for example. Between
users
: > and maybe also different computers.
:
: In which case it would appear to make more sense to create commands
: for exporting grouped settings, rather than for maintaining them in
: separated form.

It sounds good to have, but the exporting command could maybe just as well
be the command that splits of a part of the settings.

There are more benefits with split settings. It could maybe makes it more
easy to test different configs for example.

I believe this is a kind of issue that comes up when a graphic user
interface is introduced. It is complicated and I guess that this issue have
to be around for a while to get "ripe".

- Lennart