Re: completing-read case problem

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: completing-read case problem
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 13:02:26 -0600 (CST)

Markus Rost wrote:

   > I installed the patch that Stefan sent, since the report
   > is that it worked well.

   The installed patch doesn't work well for me.

   I think that one additional bogus line "goto exit;" slipped into it,
   see the following patch.  This patch looks rather obvious to me, but
   since I am not a C programmer, I didn't install it myself.

   The second patch is Stefan's, which worked fine for me.

   ===Buffer *vc-diff*=========================================
   *** minibuf.c.~1.275.~       Sat Nov 20 23:37:08 2004
   --- minibuf.c        Sat Nov 20 23:55:30 2004
   ***************
   *** 2105,2112 ****
           goto exit;
         }

   -     goto exit;
   -
       /* Call do_completion, but ignore errors.  */
       SET_PT (ZV);
       val = internal_condition_case (complete_and_exit_1, Qerror,
   --- 2105,2110 ----

That patch _does_ look obvious and it fixes minibuffer completion
problems reported by several people.  That is, it makes `M-x she RET'
work again.

Sincerely,

Luc.