Re: Documentation for custom-file - is not (load custom-file) needed?

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Documentation for custom-file - is not (load custom-file) needed?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:56:59 -0600 (CST)

>From my previous message:

   If the user wants to save the value of `custom-file' for future
   sessions, he has to load that file in his .emacs so that Custom can
   find it, as used to be clearly pointed out in the docstring.

and:

   First, the user who customizes through Custom has to realize that he
   has to load the file in his .emacs, if he wants to save his
   customization.  That was clearly pointed out in the docstring, but
   that is changed now.  We can easily change it again so that it gets
   even pointed out even more clearly than before.

Actually, I got confused there.  It still is pointed out in the
docstring, although there are reasons why we might want to change the
exact wording.

Sincerely,

Luc.