Re: When are toolkit file dialogs used?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: When are toolkit file dialogs used?
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:34:54 +0000

Lennart Borgman wrote:

I can not either get the GUI version of Open Directory to work. There is no
way that I can find out to actually choose a directory.

What about pressing "Open" without selecting anything?

It is also not the
standard GUI for choosing a directory on MS Windows. (I think it should use
SHBrowseForFolder.)
SHBrowseForFolder involves unecessary COM/OLE library calls, and is not available on Windows 9x/ME.