Re: Menu again.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Menu again.
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:00:08 -0600 (CST)

David Kastrup wrote:

   With regard to moving the "Blinking Cursor" option away from the top
   menu into the submenu "Appearance" (with this new name instead of the
   previous "Hide/Show"): the only complaints that I heard were
   procedural complaints about me not waiting long enough before I
   install such a change.  When people said something about the idea
   itself, it seemed supportive.  It's been now about 3 days, so I shall
   go ahead and do that.  If I misunderstood something, reverting is
   always possible.

The objections have been formulated before:

All the options in Hide/Show hide/show something, in the usual sense
these words have in English.  blink-cursor-mode does not hide/show the
cursor.  It does not belong in this group.  That is why Richard asked
to commit it at top level.  Hide/Sow is a much more accurate
description of what the group contains than "Appearance".

Sincerely,

Luc.