Re: w32: addpm.exe -> usethis.exe?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: w32: addpm.exe -> usethis.exe?
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 07:55:29 +0100

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

>>What version of gnuserv/gnuclient can we use instead?
>>
>>Whenever I have asked in the past, noone comes back with the results
>>of the check on who the authors are and whether we have papers from
>>them.
>>
> I just looked at the code for gnuserv and it seems that all code is
> GNU (except for one little .h file).

What do you mean by "all code is GNU"? Do you mean it is covered by
the GPL, or do you mean the copyright holder is the FSF? I would be
surprised if it is the latter, since gnuserv was part of XEmacs.

I do recall a discussion on this list many years ago, where Gerd
arranged papers for an old version of gnuserv. I don't know if we got
papers for a complete version, or what version it was, probably not,
because we extended emacsclient/emacsserver with the new features we
wanted in the end.

> Guy and I have made some changes. I believe I have the latest version
> from Guy.

Guy has agreed to sign papers, and we have papers from you. We still
need to check all the previous authors of that version of gnuserv.