Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server - getting paper size

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server - getting paper size
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:26:16 +0300

> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:50:14 +0100
>
> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\.
>
> I see. The path is not as unpredictable as I thought. However, gs.exe
> or gswin32.exe is not listed in my registry, even though I have it
> installed, so this is not useful for finding ghostscript.

We have a specific situation where looking in the Registry was
suggested: finding Ghostscript.  Lennart, can you tell how the
Registry is used to find Ghostscript, and what applications do that?
Then we could reason about possible utility of whatever those
applications do to our case.

Without the specifics, this argument sounds a bit academic.