RMAIL settings [was: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server]

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: RMAIL settings [was: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server]
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 11:23:38 +0000 (UTC)

    ... some of us just do not know how to do it.  Could those of you
    that are using some mail client in Emacs on w32 ...

Microsoft is a corporation that endeavors to restrict both your
economic freedom and mine.  By that decision it has decided to require
either that I behave illegally or that I transfer resources to it in a
non-economic fashion.  I have not done either and cannot help you
directly.  But in GNU/Linux, here are the RMAIL and mail setting that
I specify in my .emacs file.

You might adapt these:

  ;; Specify local inbox
  (setq rmail-primary-inbox-list '("/var/mail/bob"))

  ;; Do this to get mail directly from remote and local mail boxes:
  ;;   (setq rmail-primary-inbox-list '("po:bob:fp.gnu.org" "/var/mail/bob"))
  ;;   (setq rmail-pop-password-required t)
  ;;   (setq rmail-pop-password "XXX")
  ;;   (setq rmail-preserve-inbox nil)

  ;; Set this value so that the From field is correct
  (setq mail-host-address "address@hidden")

  ;; You must also set `user-mail-address' so that the From field is correct.
  (setq user-mail-address "address@hidden")

  ;; Set the `reply-to' field for mail so people don't automatically
  ;; reply to root rather than bob when I am using root.
  (setq mail-default-reply-to "address@hidden")

  ;; Do not automatically delete a message after it is copied to
  ;;   another file using `o'.
  (setq rmail-delete-after-output nil)

  ;; Do not ask for confirmation when expunging
  (setq rmail-confirm-expunge nil)

  ;; Automatically display summary
  (setq rmail-display-summary t)

My mail-user-agent's value is sendmail-user-agent, which is the
default.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8