Leaving isearch-mode and keeping the highlite

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Leaving isearch-mode and keeping the highlite
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 01:03:49 +0200

I would find it very helpful to be able to leave isearch-mode but keep the highlite. Is this something other would find helpful too?

It is of course a new feature, but it can possible not break anything (except isearch highliting but that is easy to check). It we want this I would suggest to put it on C-RET or S-RET in isearch-mode-map. The main question is perhaps if we want it.