Re: Emacs icons

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs icons
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 01:42:47 -0400

    >It is probably the confusion between "programs licensed under the
    >GNU GPL" and "programs from the GNU Project".

    Yes, and it seems like I need to be more careful with my words here. And
    I need to learn something about this too. Exactly what does the second
    term mean?

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html for definitions
of this and other such categories.

    Inkscape is very short about the license, they just say "Copyright
    1999-2004 by Authors. Inkscape is free software; you can redistribute it
    and/or modify it under the terms of the GPL":

Does each source file have a license notice?  If not, it would be
useful to write to them and suggest they add one.