Re: pgg symmetric encryption patch

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: pgg symmetric encryption patch
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:01:52 +0200

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 11:18:48AM +0900, Daiki Ueno wrote:

> It might be better to split pgg-gpg-encrypt-symmetric-region from
> pgg-gpg-encrypt-region rather than maintaining
> pgg-symmetric-encryption-schemes.

Yes, I think you are right, after in all this would be a cleaner
approach.  (I had reasons for my original design, but reconsidering
them, they didn't hold...)

> And also, is it still necessary to give special meaning to the 1st
> argument (recipients) of pgg-encrypt-region?

I guess you mean pgg-gpg-encrypt-region?  No, after moving symmetric
encryption in a dedicated function the special meaning of recipients
is no longer needed.

> > ps. I have no write access to CVS, so if there are no objections,
> > please commit.
>
> Currently, PGG in Emacs CVS is a part of Gnus.  So I added
> Simon Josefsson to the Cc: list.  He is one of Gnus maintainers and he
> has taken care of PGG in Gnus CVS.

Thanks.

Attached you'll find a revised version of the patch.

cheers
--
Sascha Wilde
To become a Jedi, use Emacs you have to.