Re: image size limit?

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: image size limit?
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 12:13:14 -0400

    Here's another idea.  We impose a limit on the size of the image file
    that Emacs is willing to read, say 50 megabytes.  This should be easy
    to implement and independent of image type.

That might be a good idea, but it won't address this problem.
In this problem case, the file itself is not too large,
but the image size is too large due to invalid data.

    At the same time, we implement image width and height limits in
    x_create_x_image_and_pixmap, to deal with malicious images that
    specify gigantic width and height sizes, even though the file size
    isn't that big.

Will that succeed in handling the problem case we got?