Re: Yet another emacs icons

From: Ken Manheimer
Subject: Re: Yet another emacs icons
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:20:51 -0400

On 10/17/05, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ken Manheimer wrote:

> >i like andrew zhilin's set of notebook icons very much, and think
> >there are compelling reasons to go with them.

> Indeed, I agree, they are nice in both 32x32 and bigger (though I think
> there are other nice icons too). But is the 16x16 icon version
> acceptable too? Can the 16x16 version be enhanced? (It is an important
> icon size, at least on w32.)

the 16x16 versions seem quite fine to me.  (i meant to include the
suggestions page url in my last message:
http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/NewIcons.html - thanks for maintaining
that.)  the notebook representation in the large-scale versions will
emphasize the text-editing connection, but the squiggle will be
recognized across the different scales, and that sees to me to be the
crucial thing.

do you find the 16x16 version unclear, or too unconnected from the
others in that set, or undistinctive from other common icons?  those
would be primary disqualifiers, once we agree that we like the design
in general.

ken
address@hidden