Re: Yet another emacs icons

From: Brad Collins
Subject: Re: Yet another emacs icons
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:58:52 +0700

The slanted notebook with the horns is very good -- certainly the
best I've seen so far.

Most of the Emacs icons I've seen uses a gnu of some sort, and I
would think many existing emacs uses associate emacs with those gnu
images, even though this is not technically a correct association.

For new users, a notebook with a distinct graphic is clean and sets
it apart from other icons.  It's clean, clear and works.

I've tried it both on an old laptop with Win95 and a GNU/Linux box
running GNUStep... looks good and I'm sure it will look good on gnome
and kde...

I also like it slanted better than flat -- it keeps it distinct from
MS icons for Notepad and Wordpad (yuck!).

b/
--
Brad Collins <address@hidden>, Bangkok, Thailand