Re: pxref

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: pxref
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:03:40 -0500

    Specifically, in the new Info default, @xref does not always produce a
    capitalized "See".  This means a change in documentation.

Sorry, I have no background for and don't understand any of this.  How
can such a fundamental thing about Texinfo be changed?  Who did it and
why?  Why should "Info" (do you mean info.el?) be downcasing/upcasing
"See" (last I knew it was *[nN]ote" in Info, anyway, not "[sS]ee"])?

As far as I know neither makeinfo nor texinfo.tex have changed in this
regard.  Also, it is not feasible to change texinfo.tex in any such way,
if I'm understanding right.  (Messing with stuff based on surrounding
text.)

karl