Re: flyspell bug

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: flyspell bug
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:34:01 -0400

    question and consider it good. The reason is that ispell.el and ispell the
    program don't agree on what's a word. In francais.aff the boundarychars are
    [-'address@hidden and in the ispell-dictionary-alist only [-']. Therefore
ispell the
    program considers "local.h" one word and ispell.el considers it two words.
    I don't know why "." and "@" are included in the affix file (especially "@"
    seems strange) but I guess a French person might explain it. Anyway it
    helps to add "." and "@" to otherchars in the ispell-dictionary-alist entry
    for francais.

It is not obvious to me how to do that.  Could you send the patch that
you are proposing?

One possible problem occurs to me: would adding . to this
cause incorrect behavior at the end of nearly every sentence?

Meanwhile, does this patch fix the problem?  It tries to detect
such cases, and recognize that the word has been found but can't
really be checked.

*** flyspell.el 25 Oct 2005 09:08:25 -0400      1.81
--- flyspell.el 29 Oct 2005 12:06:29 -0400
***************
*** 1356,1362 ****
                  (progn
                    (setq flyspell-large-region-beg (point))
                    (goto-char (- (point) 1))
!                   (setq keep (flyspell-word)))
                (error "Bug: misspelled word `%s' (output pos %d) not found in
buffer"
                       word wordpos)))))))
      ;; we are done
--- 1356,1365 ----
                  (progn
                    (setq flyspell-large-region-beg (point))
                    (goto-char (- (point) 1))
!                   (if (< (length (flyspell-get-word following))
!                          (length word))
!                       (setq keep nil)