Re: Global Font Lock by default

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Global Font Lock by default
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 06:39:01 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:00:53 -0800
>
> (assume a 256 colors xterm)
> One problem is here:
> tty_setup_colors does not do anything with its argument (mode) if for
> example mode is 16 (i.e. when using --color=16)

This is not a bug: 16 colors is not a standard color mode, so it is
not currently supported (the manual explains that, I hope).

> Another problem: when using --color=8, display-color-cells will return
> 8 after emacs is started, but when xterm-register-default-colors is
> run it returns 256 ...

This is a bug: when Emacs is started with --color=8, it should behave
as if only the 8 standard colors are available.  Could you please see
what changes the value returned by display-color-cells?  Something is
calling tty_setup_colors to reset to the default color mode (the one
that supports 256 colors).

TIA