Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Peter Whaite
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:06:38 -0500

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> wrote:

>    If Emacs was invoked with the `-q' or `--no-init-file' options
> (*note Initial Options::), it will not let you save your customizations
> in your `~/.emacs' init file.  This is because saving customizations
> from such a session would wipe out all the other customizations you
> might have on your init file.

I must be really dense this morning because I cannot see why its
important to know this.  If you try it you get a message telling you it
can't be done.

What should happen is that the "Save for future sessions" item in
the State pop up menu should be disabled when the --no-init-file option
is in effect.

--
Peter Whaite