Re: Block cursor in a tty

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: Block cursor in a tty
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 05:21:48 +0200

    I would not object to having an option to turn off use of
    vs.  However, it will be nontrivial to implement one, since
    term_init is called before any Lisp code runs.  So it can't
    be controlled by the init file.

Currently, term_init sets TS_cursor_visible to tgetstr("vs", address),
which then gets used in set_terminal_modes().  We could probably add
term_init_cursor() and arrange for it to be called twice, once with the
default "vs" capability before the init file is loaded and once if the
init file specifies something different later on.  By making an option
that the init file can use to make TS_cursor_visible equal to
TS_cursor_normal, we're set :)

I'm not very acquainted with the way the terminal handling works though,
so it may take a time before I have a patch ready and tested.

- Giorgos