Re: GTK file selector

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:42:09 -0500

>>> Yes, we can do this with the external widget feature in the new file
>>> chooser.  I will do this after the holidays so we can get some
>>> feedback
>>> on the actual text.
>>>
>>> That is good.
>>>
>>> Maybe it could also give help about typing C-l.
>>>

>> I've added it now, please take a look and see if it is ok.  I may be a bit
>> long.  I've attached a screen shot.

> I've reformatted the text a bit.

[ "inconvinient" => "inconvenient"]

The mix of Swedish and English is too bad :-(
And yes, the text is pretty long.  Suince the old Gtk dialog is on the way
out, I'd rather not advertise it, and instead try and make the new dialog
more usable.  I think the only important info from this text is the
C-l thingy.  Could we even do away with it by making the text
input area appear unconditionally?

        Stefan