Re: Blank lines being added to Info dirs.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Blank lines being added to Info dirs.
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:45:20 +0200

> Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 22:36:38 -0600 (CST)
> From: Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden>
>
> Each time I build and install Emacs, a blank line gets added to
> /user/local/info/dir.  I do not remember seeing this before, so it
> must be rather recent.
>
> More precisely:
>
>     Emacs
>     * AUCTeX: (auctex).     A much enhanced TeX/LaTeX mode for Emacs.
>

>     * Ada mode: (ada-mode). Emacs mode for editing Ada code.
>
> Each time I build and install Emacs, I get one extra blank line
> between the AUCTeX and "Ada mode" entries.

Did you perhaps install a new version of Texinfo lately?

/user/local/info/dir is updated by running the install-info program
when you say "make install" (see Makefile.in in the top-level
directory of the source tree).  ada-mode is the first manual for which
install-info is run at "make install" time (AUC TeX is not part of the
Emacs distro, so its line doesn't get updated).  Can you see if a line
gets added if you run install-info manually from the shell's prompt to
update the entry for ada-mode?