Re: What're the proper names for the backspace and delete keys in files.

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: What're the proper names for the backspace and delete keys in files.texi?
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:55:30 +0100

I don't agree!  "a short ways" may be considered proper in the US, but
in the UK it is definitely still US-style slang, and it may not be
understood in other English-speaking places.

Let's please change this to "a short way above", which is standard
English usage everywhere.

Regards,
        Neil
Is this my keyboard or my English? I would expect something like "just above", "right above" etc.