Re: Unquoted special characters in regexps

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Unquoted special characters in regexps
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 16:20:37 +0100

> I don't understand.  I suspect there is a miscommunication.
> When you say "my change", what change is that?

Sorry, for the misunderstanding.  For some reasons, I'm currently
receiving mails in quite erratic order.

I referred to Luc's change of `regexp-quote' which, in my opinion, will
make it in some cases impossible to generate regular expressions the
traditional way.  More precisely `(regexp-quote "[foo]")' so far
evaluates to "\\[foo\\]" and has evaluated that way ever since.
Changing this to "\\[foo]" will require that when in future I want to
study a regexp I must also keep in mind whether that expression was
generated by `regexp-opt' before or after that change.