Binaries for W32 (was: W32 version crashes on C-g)

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Binaries for W32 (was: W32 version crashes on C-g)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:30:57 +0100

On Fri, Mar 17 2006, Juanma Barranquero wrote:

> I know we don't want to advertise non-released builds of Emacs; but if
> someone is interested, I could upload a binary tarball of the Windows
> port to some accessible place every few days, as long as someone
> provides that place (I don't have publicly accessible servers to put
> the tarball into). I already build the binary daily, so ftp'ing to a
> repository is not a big deal.

There are already several places with Emacs 22 binaries for Windows:

Ralf Angeli already provides a version bundled with AUCTeX from time
to time at <ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/auctex/> (AFAICS, this the only
one with a gpg signature).  The overhead wrt to AUCTeX (~3 MB) is
negligible in case you don't use AUCTeX.

IIRC Drew Adams uploads binaries to
<http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html>.  Then there are at least
two projects on sourceforge.net (ntemacs, nqmacs).

If there is a need for more frequently updated binaries (say weekly),
they should be places on alpha.gnu.org, e.g. in /gnu/emacs/windows/.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)