Re: query-replace in isearch (was Re: should search ring contain duplica

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: query-replace in isearch (was Re: should search ring contain duplicates?)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 07:27:09 +0300

> Can't you let-bind the history variable around the call to
> read-from-minibuffer, i.e.
>
>   (let ((history-var history-var))
>     (read-from-minibuffer .... 'history-var ...))
>   (add-to-history 'history-var ...)

This was the first solution I tried, but after using it I noticed
that when I change the history list while the minibuffer is active
(e.g. I use M-k in the minibuffer to purge the history list from
unnecessary old elements, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-06/msg00937.html)
then after exiting from the minibuffer I lose all my changes in the
history list.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/