pop-up-frames inconvenience

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: pop-up-frames inconvenience
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 11:08:50 -0400

GNU Emacs 22.0.50.4 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2006-06-05 on quant8

when pop-up-frames is customized to t, the frames proliferate without
end and have to be explicitly deleted.
e.g., C-x m (`compose-mail') now creates a new frame that does not go
away automatically when I hit C-c C-c (`message-send-and-exit').

worse than that, when I hit TAB in the minibuffer, the *Completions*
window is now popped in its own frame, which has keyboard focus (thus
further typing results in errors unless I switch the keyboard focus to
the original frame) and obscures the original frame, hiding what I have
already typed.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) on Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
http://ffii.org http://thereligionofpeace.com http://camera.org