Activate an input-method from file-local variables?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Activate an input-method from file-local variables?
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:38:46 -0400

Many of the files I edit use funny unicode math chars which I enter with the
help of the "TeX" input method.  How can I make it such that those files
have the TeX input method activated as soon as I open them?

Currently I add an `eval: (activate-input-method "TeX")' to the
local-variables and then arrange for it not to trigger a prompt, but it
seems like there should be a more "official" way to do it.

        Stefan